Court Marriage in Dubai for Foreigner: Georgia vs UAE. Legal Requirements for Dubai Court
If you’re planning to get married in the Dubai court, read all the legal requirements that you need to fulfill in Dubai and think again. Although, if you want to know How to have Court Marriage in Dubai then keep in mind that it’s a complicated and time taking procedure because of the long list of legal requirements for Dubai court.
Dubai Court Requirements to Get Married
If you’re Muslim and want to marry in Dubai court, you’ll need to get your wedding registered in the sharia court. This procedure comes with long requirements and some of the very basic ones are as following:
- You’ll need to register yourself by submitting a wedding form in Dubai court
- One of the spouses must possess a residency or employment visa
- A certified and approved pre-marriage medical certificate that shows fitness and negative results of major diseases such as thalassemia and HIV/Aids. You must obtain the certificate from authorized health facilities by the Dubai’s government.
- Both of the spouses must have their national IDs, visa status, and original passports
- Both of the spouses must also have an original birth certificate
- Muslim brides must have their father or guardian present at court on the day of the wedding. They also need to bring their passports and IDs
- A couple of witnesses must also be present at the court
- A Muslim bride cannot marry a non-Muslim groom (He’ll need to convert to Islam)
- If the bride’s father has passed then the closest family member must be present as a guardian such as a brother, uncle, etcetera.
- In the case of divorce, you must also present the former marriage certificate
- In the case of window status, you’ll also require to bring the original death certificate of the previous spouse
Moreover, all the Non-Muslims can only marry in Dubai through their respective embassy or consulate. The rules and regulations vary from nationality to nationality and each embassy. Also it takes a different amount of time to complete the procedure.
Final Word on Court Marriage in Dubai for Foreigner: Georgia vs UAE. Legal Requirements for Dubai Court
So, if you’re planning to go for Court Marriage in Dubai for Foreigner, you must know that the procedure is very hectic. It can even take months to complete. However, you can avoid all this effort by opting for getting married in Georgia. Because it is completely a hassle-free and easy procedure.
Share this article with people who are planning to marry n Dubai court soon.