Oman Citizen/Residents Can Now Enter Georgia for Wedding
2019 and 2020 will go down in history as the most devastating years of the current century because of COVID-19. Not only did the global pandemic cost countless lives but it also restricted people from traveling to other countries. But after the vaccination, many countries are now reopening their both land and air borders for other nations. Georgia (a country not the US state) has also joined that list. People from many countries can now enter Georgia including Oman. Yes, you heard it right. It’s now possible for Oman citizens can get married in Georgia by opting for their Georgia visas. This article contains all the important information that you need to know regarding this news. So, let’s jump into it.
Travel Requirements for Vaccinated Residents and Citizens of Oman
Residents and citizens of Oman can now enter Georgia if they have already taken a full course of any COVID-19 vaccination. However, they need to follow the conditions listed below:
- You’ll need to present your vaccination certificate issued from a reliable and reputable source that shows the full course of the COVID-19 vaccination.
- You won’t need to undergo any PCR test
- Pre-registration won’t be a requirement
- You might need to fulfil different rules if you have a history of travel to India in the last 14 days.
Requirements for Non-Vaccinated Residents and Citizens of Oman
If haven’t undergone COVID-19 vaccination yet, then you can still opt for the Georgia visa from Oman. But for that, you’ll need to follow the requirements listed below.
- It’s compulsory to take direct flights from Oman to Georgia that also includes transit travel via other countries.
- You’ll need to undergo a PCR test for COVID-19 that must show negative results. Moreover, you must undergo the PCR test in the last 72 hours before visiting Georgia.
- After reaching Georgia you’ll need to undergo another PCR test on the third day and you’ll need to bear the expenses yourself.
- You’ll also need to complete a special form that will ask you to enter your travel history for the last 14 days. Moreover, you’ll also need to provide your contact details such as email, phone number, address, etcetera.
- If you have traveled to India during the last 14 days then you’ll need to spend a 14 days quarantine period after entering Georgia at your own expense.
- The certificate of the PCR test must be in English or Russian.
- Children under 10 years of age are exempted from the PCR test requirement.
Exempted from the Above-Mentioned Requirements
There are also some exceptions to the above-mentioned rules and you can find that information below.
- Diplomatic mission representatives and foreign organizations recognized for Georgia and for their family
- Georgian nationals’ family members, whatever their nationality
- People coming to Georgia on a humanitarian mission – if it becomes necessary to go to Georgia from such mission (doctors, volunteers, etc.)
- Individuals with status-neutral ID cards or travel papers
- People with stateless person status by the various Georgian authorities
- People with Georgian refugee status
- Official delegation members (varies from case to case)
- Truck and train drivers participating in international road traffic, international rail staff involved in the rail transport of merchandise, and aviation crew members
Final Words on Oman citizens getting married in Georgia
So, if you’re from or living in Oman and were waiting to get married in Georgia, it’s completely possible now. It’s the official news that the official website of the government of Georgia shared. You only need to take care of the requirements mentioned above to keep yourself from all the unwanted situations.
If you know someone who wants to opt for a destination wedding in Georgia from Oman then share this wonderful news with them.