Georgia Civil Marriage: Is the civil wedding in Georgia legit?
You can get legally married in the Public Hall for Georgia Civil Marriage.
Documents required for the civil wedding
- Identity documents of persons intending to get married, translated to Georgian Language and Notarized;
- If you have been married before, a valid apostilled, original copy or the divorce certificate
- Joint written application of persons intending to get married;
- In case of a person’s second marriage, a document certifying the termination of previous marriage, legalized and apostilled;
- 2 witnesses , if foreigners- their Identification Documents, with duly notarized Georgian translation;
- Foreign citizens must submit a document evidencing the legal ground of his/her stay in Georgia;
- If an application is submitted by a representative of a person intending to get married, documents certifying power of representation and identity of representative;
Public hall working hours
Mon-Fri : 9.00 – 18.00
Steps of the civil wedding ceremony in Georgia
- Passport translation
- Filing for marriage
- Waiting for an answer (usually takes up to 3 hours, if you applied before 13.00)
- Returning to the public hall to sign the marriage certificate
- File the request to get an apostille translation
- Take to the embassy/consulate to be legalized
Final Word on Georgia Civil Marriage: Is the civil wedding in Georgia legit?
Sounds easy right? But it’s always easier if somebody does all the work for you and just handles you a ready wedding certificate at the end. If that’s your choice here is our paperwork packages for you to choose from.
Drop a comment below if you need more details or contact our team.