How to get married in Georgia?
Are you looking for getting married with your loved one in Georgia? Do you think that Georgia is the best place to tie the knot ? If you set your mind about getting married in this country, here below all the information you need to know about how to get married in Georgia.
Good news! As a foreigner you can legally get married at the Public Hall in Georgia. However, there are few questions you need to consider before stepping-ahead:
- First, laws are different in Georgia for single, married and divorced people.
- If you are already married or divorced, the second question that should come in your mind is whether you have children or not.
- Do you want to live in Georgia or do you plan to leave the country after getting married?
- Finally, a few more questions like your personal marriage goals, legal legislations, and passport accessibility should be taken into consideration.
Legal licenses for getting married in Georgia
Like in many countries, marriage registration are regulated by laws in Georgia as followed:
- If you want to get married to your loved one, both of you should be at least 18 years old.
- Fees associated with the licenses are different if you are single, married or divorced.
- Fees are also charged to get a certified copy of your marriage certificate.
- If one of the persons is divorced, then he or she has to show proper documents and divorce decree.
This being considered, you can now start moving forward in the process of getting married in Georgia.
Discuss with a Georgian wedding planner
Once you have settled your goals and acknowledged the requirements to get married in Georgia, it’s time to collect the legal documents and have a discussion with professionals.
Lawyers and experts will help you in the process to get things done properly. Indeed, you will have to provide legal documents before flying and getting married in Georgia.
Choosing the right wedding planner in Georgia
Here a quick recap of the required documents you will have to deliver to tie the knot in Georgia:
- Identity documents of persons intending to get married, translated to Georgian Language and Notarized;
- If you have been married before, a valid apostilled, original copy or the divorce certificate;
- Joint written application of persons intending to get married;
- In case of a person’s second marriage, a document certifying the termination of previous marriage, legalized and apostilled;
- 2 witnesses, if foreigners – their Identification Documents, with duly notarized Georgian translation;
- Foreign citizens must submit a document evidencing the legal ground of his/her stay in Georgia;
- If an application is submitted by a representative of a person intending to get married, documents certifying power of representation and identity of representative;
To help you in the process of getting married in Georgia, you can also select a travel agency to book your flight. We can also assist you to give you the best suggestions for booking your travel and to ensure that all the formalities in order to get married in Georgia are properly done.
Getting married is an important step in everyone’s life. The best solution is to choose a company operating and registered in both countries. Who better than someone living with you can understand you? From taking a flight to performing all documents translation, legalization, and organizing your dream wedding, we are here to support you and to guide you.
Did you know it could be that simple?