How to get married in Georgia process
Well. Let’s get one thing out of the way right away. The procedure is cost-effective for residents of the UAE. In addition, the entire process of getting married in Georgia takes less than weeks to complete.
What you should know about Georgia’s quick marriage method
Getting married in Georgia is rather quite easy as suppose to getting married in any GCC countries. However we always advise to seek help from professional wedding specialists that will handle the entire wedding planning process, including all support and paperwork on your big day.
There are various wedding packages designed for couples who want to tie the knot. Before initiating the procedure, they make ensure that all required conditions have been met.
However once you are married in Georgia; it is important to remember that your embassy must legalize the process.
Step by Step guidelines to get married in Georgia
- Consultation with a lawyer: The first step in the process is to meet with a lawyer who will walk you through the details.
- Document Translation and Notarization: A few more papers must be prepared and standardized as part of the internal procedure.
- Power of Attorney: The process will be handled on behalf of the client by a lawyer with a power of attorney.
- Local Registrar: The local registrar will send all necessary paperwork to the Civil Registrar’s office.
- Local Legalization: After being authorized and issued, the wedding certificate will proceed through the local legalization process, which includes a stamp from the Ministry of Justice and a stamp from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- International Legalization and Apostille: After the local legalization process is completed, your wedding certificate will be legalized entirely for your home country. Your wedding certificate will be apostilled at this time, making it legal and recognizable in over 100 countries that have signed the Apostille convention.
And finally; witnesses would be required to sign the marriage certificates and the registered wedding ceremony must be signed by the parties.
Non-residents must have the following items in order to marry in Georgia
- Both partners must be at least 18 years old.
- In addition to the originals, both spouses must supply photocopies of their passports.
- The birth certificate has not been altered in any way.
- A medical fitness certificate is required before to marriage.
- In the event of a divorce, a prior marriage certificate is required.
- In the case of a window, the original death certificate is required.
If you know of anyone who would benefit by this piece of information; feel free to share this article with them.