How to get married in Georgia over a weekend?
Weekend wedding can be done only in the wedding house.
The required prerequisites for getting married over a weekend in Georgia:
- Identity documents of persons intending to get married, translated to Georgian Language and Notarized;
- Joint written application of persons intending to get married;
- In case of a person’s second marriage, a document certifying the termination of previous marriage, legalized and apostilled;
- 2 witnesses , if foreigners- their Identification Documents, with duly notarized Georgian translation;
- Foreign citizens must submit a document evidencing the legal ground of his/her stay in Georgia (entry stamp);
- If an application is submitted by a representative of a person intending to get married, documents certifying power of representation and identity of representative;
Steps of completing your wedding in Georgia over a weekend:
First make a booking. There are 3 methods of doing that:
- Make an online reservation at the wedding house of your choice, or
- Call the LEPL Public Service Development Agency to reserve the wedding ceremony,or
- Reserve the wedding ceremony from Public Hall ( applicants in person or a legal representative)
- One day before the booked ceremony , appear in-person at the same wedding house to fill the wedding application (before 17.15)
- On the day of the wedding go to the booked wedding house and bring all the required prerequisites
- Take your marriage certificate the same day, it will be in Georgian language
- If you intend to use this certificate outside of Georgia apostille and translation are needed. You can only do it in the Public House during the weekdays: Monday- Friday, 9.00- 18.00
If you’d rather have somebody doing it for you while you are enjoying your mini-vacation in Georgia you are at the right place. Our Full paperwork wedding package is tailored for cases like that and our Dubai/Georgian team will make sure to make your special day as easy as possible!
So when is your wedding date?